Equipment Checkout at the Tech Desk
The Tech Desk is also a library for equipment, available for loan using your SUID card.
Our most popular items include DSLR Cameras, Macbook Air laptops, portable projectors, camcorders, and AV cables of all kinds.
- All items at the Tech Desk are due by 5PM of the next day. Not to be confused with "business day", the Tech Desk is open on most weekends and even some holidays. Upon equipment check-in (must include their original accompanying cases, bags, etc), the items will be taken off your record. Please check our Hours of Operation to learn when you can check equipment in and out.
- You may check out multiple pieces of equipment for free, but only one unit of each kind of equipment, as others may be waiting to use the equipment also.
- Renewing Items: You must come to the Lathrop Tech Desk in person with all checked out items, and accompanying cases & bags, in order to renew them. An item can only be renewed if at least one duplicate item is available for checkout. If no duplicate item is available for checkout, Consultants cannot renew the item within 60 minutes.
- Extended Checkout: You may extend your rental of any item(s) for an additional $10 per day. Similar item(s) are an additional $10 each (not including the charge for additional days). Once items are late, you will be charged a late fee for each barcoded item.
- Overdue Items: You will receive email notification when you keep our equipment beyond the due date. Patrons will be billed for overdue returns for each barcoded item at a cost of $5-$15 per item, per day. Patrons will be billed the full replacement cost for items never returned. Fines must be paid online at searchworks.stanford.edu.
- All items are available on a first-come served basis. Holds and requests for interlibrary loans of our equipment are not honored. We do not have a reservation or waiting list system for our equipment. You can call the desk to ask what equipment we have in and available, but it cannot be held for you.
- You can look up Lathrop Library items you have checked out by going to http://searchworks.stanford.edu and clicking the "My Account" button.