Download and Install Print Drivers
In order to print from your personal device, you will need to download and install the correct print driver, for Mac only. You MUST be on the Stanford wireless or Stanford wired in order to access the driver website.
Once you've completed the download, double-click on the file to extract the disk image with the package installer. Click on the installer file to start the install process. Click Continue.
Sierra compatible Mac driver:
On Windows, the driver will download automatically once connected to the server (See 'Add the Print Queue for Windows' section below).
• If you have trouble setting up the printer queue on Windows, please uninstall and block the following updates. You will need to go to “Control Panel” -> “Program and Features” -> “Turn on and off Windows Features” and uncheck one of the following:
- Windows 10 – 1511 - KB3172985
- Windows 10 - KB3163912
- Windows 8.1 and older - KB3170455
• Stanford Print Cards will only work on Mac OS. You will not be able to set up a correct queue on Windows.
Add the Print Queue for Windows
- Press Windows + r to open up a Run command window.
- Input into the address field:
- Press return to install the print queue and driver.
- When you are prompted for credentials, please enter them in this format:
Username: win\<Your SUNetID> (replace <Your SUNetID> with your Stanford SUNetID, which will then make your username look something like "win\jdoe")
Password: <your usual Stanford password>
- Remember my credentials: CHECKED
- Double-click (or Right-click and select Connect) the SecurePrint printer from the selection of printers on the print server.
Add the Print Queue for OSX
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen and select System Preferences. Click on Printers & Scanners.
- Click on the + icon and then select Add Printer or Scanner to add a new printer.
- Click on IP icon
- Enter in Address:
<Your-SUNetID>@vptlprinting.stanford.edu, replacing <Your-SUNetID> with your Stanford SUNetID, which will make the text look something like "email@example.com".
If you using a Stanford Visitor Printing Card, enter the first 6 digits from the back of the card, instead of your SUNetID, which will make the text look something like "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Make sure the Protocol is LPD.
- Enter "SecurePrint" in Queue. Capitilization is needed.
- Name the printer a user-friendly name of your choice.
- Select the Select Software in the Use drop-down menu.
- Type in the model of printer, C5250, into the Filter search box and select the C5250 PS driver. Click Add.
- When asked to allow changes to your computer, select Yes.