- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- 408 Panama Mall, Room 001
The Course Design Institute (CDI) is an annual program that provides faculty with a collaborative and immersive environment in which to design a new course or modify an existing course optimized for student engagement and learning.
This year we are offering a CDI for new H&S faculty to be held September 11-13, 2019 from 9:00 am-3:00 pm each day.
Applications are due July 15, 2019. Applicants should identify the specific course that will be designed or redesigned during the Institute and complete the brief application form.
Participating H&S faculty will apply current research on teaching and learning to the development of a syllabus or selected class material for their own Stanford course. Topics are designed to support both teaching efficiency and learning effectiveness, and will be tailored to the needs of the faculty participants.
You will apply current research on teaching and learning to the development of a syllabus or selected class material for your own Stanford course.
By the end of the Course Design Institute, you will:
- Articulate overarching course learning goals
- Generate course components such as syllabi, assignments/assessments, rubrics, learning activities/agenda for in-class implementation
- Integrate research-based practices from learning science into course components
- Reflect on teaching practices, receive and give feedback on teaching