- Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- CERAS 101
GSE TechLits are free and open to the Stanford community. Please RSVP here: https://gse.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a8BGuhqHtuIzKNn
Canvas is a cloud-hosted learning management system (LMS) that allows Stanford instructors to deliver course materials, create learning activities, and distribute assignments. In this hands-on presentation co-lead by VPTL’s Instructional Designer Managers Kim Hayworth and Kristen Motzer, you’ll learn about Canvas features for creating and assessing student work alongside examples of how Stanford faculty are using these tools in their courses.
- Create rubrics for communicating expectations and assessing work.
- Assign peer reviews for students to provide and receive feedback on one another’s work.
- Use the SpeedGrader tool for online document markup to provide feedback on student work without having to download or upload files.
- Respond to student work with verbal or video-recorded comments.
This event will be livestreamed at: https://edstream.stanford.edu/Video/Play/de723fbae65044a78fc362345a1f00ea1d