A Resident Cluster Monitor ("RCM") is responsible for regular computer maintenance and operational support of residence computer clusters operated by Student Computing. The Resident Cluster Monitor position is an "as needed" role and not always an active position.
- Replenishes printer paper and toner, and ensures there are adequate supplies.
- Regularly checks that cluster software is properly functioning and reporting issues as appropriate.
- Ensures cleanliness of the space and equipment in the computer cluster with supplies provided by VPTL.
- Provides proactive, first-tier support for cluster hardware and furnishings. Promptly reports any damage or theft of any cluster equipment, including furniture and furnishings, to VPTL central staff.
- Helps residents use the space and equipment in the computer cluster.
- Sets policies for the functioning and security of the cluster with input from house staff and residents, as appropriate. Publicizes and enforces these policies.
- Submits and follows up on trouble tickets for all software, hardware, and other problems that she/he is unable to solve.
- Must be a registered student at Stanford during all quarters of employment term. International students (F-1 status) also have certain restrictions.
- Able to attend training at start of the position.
- Attentive to an extremely high level of responsibility and customer service.
- Able to work independently and take initiative in providing assistance.
- Able to complete tasks with attention to detail.
- Possess a high familiarity with computers, including experience using basic Internet applications.
- Possess good verbal and written communications skills.
Pay: Based on the period and location being supported.
Duration: Academic Year
Contact Email: email@example.com
Hours: 2-hour weekly schedule (flexible); daily commitment