The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning manages a campus-wide license for Poll Everywhere. This tool provides all Stanford University faculty, staff and students access to the web-based, smart device and SMS text-friendly audience response system that can support interactive classroom instruction and real-time student engagement.
Instructors can use Poll Everywhere to conduct instant polls, run Q&As, help assess student understanding of class material, use anonymity during discussions, create word clouds that weight audience responses, check attendance or conduct live, graded quizzes. The responses can be integrated into Stanford’s learning management system, Canvas.
Poll Everywhere is web-based, eliminating the need for buying, installing, or maintaining physical clickers. Users create activities through a simple web interface and can embed them directly into PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides presentations.
The tool can be used both in the classroom setting and during campus events such as academic conferences and alumni gatherings.
Introduction to Poll Everywhere
The Academic Technology Solutions Lab hosted Poll Everywhere Higher Education Specialist Paul Giovacchini for an introductory session on Poll Everywhere. View the archived recording >>
- Getting started - Includes guides for students, presenters and an unabridged instructor version
- Instructors do not need to manually register student participants. All Stanford students should now register for Poll Everywhere themselves using their SUNet ID at PollEv.stanford.edu
- Presentation software - Present polls from directly inside your slide deck
- Video tutorials
- Connecting Poll Everywhere with Canvas
- Poll Everywhere flip book
- Poll Everywhere App Release Notes: Windows | MacOS
To learn more about teaching strategies and instructional uses of Poll Everywhere contact:
Academic Technology Solutions Lab
408 Panama Mall, Room 138