Each quarter, VPTL hosts a TA Orientation to help prepare graduate students to teach at Stanford. This event is highly recommended for all new TAs and is also open to returning TAs, postdocs, and other members of the campus community. At the TA Orientation, you will be introduced to strategies for:
- Leading discussions in your discipline
- Holding office hours and review sessions
- Giving lectures and presentations
- Grading papers and problem sets
- Teaching as an international TA
- Using digital engagement tools, and more
Each TA Orientation includes a presentation and Q&A session with representatives from Stanford’s major policy offices.
Please visit our website to see the Autumn TA Orientation schedule.
Questions? Contact Tim Randazzo at firstname.lastname@example.org.