What impact do you hope to have as a mentor? What does your mentee hope for?
5 Steps to Establishing Mentor/Mentee Expectations
1. Take a moment to consider what expectations you might have for your mentoring role.
2. Meet with your mentee and get a feel for their expectations of this relationship.
3. Find out more about their teaching experience and set appropriate goals for the quarter.
4. Design acommunication plan: How will you set meeting times? How will you provide feedback and how often? Set boundaries as appropriate.
5. Periodically check in with your mentee to make sure this plan is working. Modify it as needed.